Posted By Maggie on February 4, 2014
At Cake Hag we well understand the temptations to indulge, especially during these winter months. We want our customers to know that if they decide to enjoy one of our cakes or pastry, they aren’t going to be worrying after the fact about the quality and freshness of what they have ordered.
We are scratch-natural. That means that all of our cakes are made from scratch and that we take care to seek and select the best natural ingredients. Our flours are not chemically treated – no preservatives, bleaches, bromates or gmo grains are used. Our dairy and butter are hormone and anti-biotic-free. Our fruits are natural; organic when possible. And as always, we don’t use any hydrogenated ingredients.
Sure, you may be indulging but you can be comfortable that you’re doing it in the best possible way
Posted By Maggie on October 10, 2013
Effective today, we are changing the way doughssants are ordered and picked up. Due to the oncoming Holiday Season we will no longer be dedicating Tuesday mornings to doughssants.
Prior to doughssants, Cake Hag was closed on Monday and Tuesday. We are going to return to those days being our ‘weekend’ but we are going to make individual doughssant orders available, as a regular ordered item, subject to our schedule availability, any other days of the week.
Orders for doughssants will need to remain at one dozen increments, and due to the length of time required to prepare the dough, a minimum of 48 hours notice, and more if possible, will be essential. Stay tuned for additional news regarding doughssants and a couple new items that will be joining doughssants on our soon-to-be-released Holiday Breakfast Ordering List.
Posted By Maggie on October 8, 2013
Cake Hag Cake Studio
Grant Park, Atlanta, GA
2013 Autumn & Holiday Cake & Pie List
1. Fresh Ginger Spice cake layered w ginger cream cheese and caramelized Apples and Cranberries, finished w a citrus ginger cream cheese icing – 8” – $30, 10” – $50
2. Pumpkin Spice cake layered with your choice – Apricot Cream or Pumpkin Praline Mousse, finished with vanilla bean bourbon swiss buttercream – 8”- $30, 10” – $50
3. Chocolate Cherry Cobbler Cake – Our wicked Chocolate Fudge Cake layered w/ crumbled 3-Cherry Whiskey Cobbler and iced in Milk Chocolate Swiss Buttercream
4. Our very extra special, authentic and awesome West Indian Black Cake – Actually enjoy fruit cake! This cake is made with select natural & organic dried fruits, heavy on the plums. The fruit soaks for days in port and rum before our wicked gremlins come out and fashion it into a diabolically delicious cake. The cake then soaks again in special spices, dark island rum and port before it is ready to travel home with you. Comes with Madagascar Vanilla Creme Anglaise – 8” size only – $45
1. Caramel Apple Bacon Struesel Top – Our original and it’s still the most delicious pie we’ve ever tasted – 9” – $28
2. Caramel Apple Struesel Top – a very delicious pie – 9” – $26
3. Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Streusel Top – $30
4. Bourbon Pecan – Traditional, buttery warm, wonderful – $28
5. Pumpkin Praline Refridgerator Pie – Get ready for a dreamy change to the traditional pumpkin pie – a towering spiced pumpkin mousse in a rich spiced graham cracker crust enhanced with house pralines – 9” – $26
*Gluten Free now available in some pies and cakes for an additional charge
** Our pies are baked in glass pie plates. Pie Plate return/exchange is available – ask us about this!
Posted By Maggie on September 16, 2013
Dough 4 Schools Fundraiser this Saturday!
Posted By Maggie on June 19, 2013
For a limited time we will be offering a limited number of Doughssants on Tuesday mornings. Orders must be 6 Doughssants or 12 Doughssants – no other sizes or increments are possible. Current flavors are Brandied Peach or Caramel Bacon and both are filled with Madagascar Vanilla Bean Pastry cream. Orders are ONLY accepted via email to – firstname.lastname@example.org. When your order has been accepted you will receive a confirmation email with additional info. Thank you!
Posted By Maggie on November 29, 2012
Posted By Maggie on November 26, 2012
Need something special to show your appreciation? Consider a delicious Cake Hag gift box! Snazzy Black, Silver and Turquoise Holiday boxes are now available in a variety of cookie, bar and cake combinations. Check out our gift box page!
Posted By Maggie on November 15, 2012
2012 Holiday Booze Cakes:
*Brandy Butter Chocolate Chunk
*Kahlua Dark Chocolate
*Banana Blackberry Rum
*New – Almond Amaretto
2012 Holiday Cakes
*Fresh Ginger Spice w Caramelized Apples and Cranberries and Citrus Ginger Cream Cheese
*Bouche de Noel – traditional Yule Logs sold as a set – mocha/milk chocolate and raspberry dark chocolate
*14 Layer Cake – Layers of floaty Sponge Cake soaked in Grand Marnier and layered with melted Bittersweet Chocolate
*Croquembouche – Caramel-lashed Cream Puff towers filled with Pumpkin Mousse, Dark Chocolate Mint Mousse and White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse
2012 Holiday Pies:
*Caramel Apple Bacon
*Pumpkin Mousse w Pecan Pralines
*Bourbon Chocolate Pecan
*Plus our daily offerings including Mixed Berry Lattice Top and Brandied Peach
2012 Holiday Cheesecakes:
(Available traditional, sugar-free, low-carb sugar free or gluten free)
*Sweet Potato Creme Brulee
*New York Classic
*Brownies and Cookies Galore!
*Gift Boxes for 2-24 are available now!
Order now for Thanksgiving!
Posted By Maggie on November 1, 2012
TakePart, in partnership with Food, Inc. just named us a 2012 Tastemaker for our commitment to “food done right!” http://bit.ly/R4g5iq
Posted By Maggie on September 27, 2012